Hospice care is centered on a Goal-Focused Plan of Care, individualized for each patient. With our care at Hospice of the Shoals, patients choose to reside at home, at a caregiver’s home, at a long-term nursing facility, or assisted living. We bring our services to the patient, wherever he/she chooses to call “home,” to assist family and other caregivers in providing the most comprehensive, highest quality hospice care services in Northwest Alabama.
- Medical direction by two local Board Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Physicians, including home visits periodically and as determined by the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team
- Nursing care by specially trained hospice Registered Nurses with 24/7 availability
- 24 hour on-call Registered Nurses: after hours, weekends, holidays
- Personal Care by Certified Hospice Nursing Aides
- Social Worker services
- Spiritual Counselor and counselor services
- Supplies, such as diapers, wound care treatments, catheters, bed pads, etc.
- Medical equipment, such as hospital beds, over-the-bed tables, wheelchairs, shower stools, oxygen, etc.
- Prescription medications for pain and symptom control
- Volunteer assistance
- Respite care and caregiver relief
- Short-term inpatient care
- Continuous care
- Bereavement counseling and support
- Any other covered services needed to manage pain and symptoms, as recommended by Hospice of the Shoals Interdisciplinary Team
Additional services offered by Hospice of the Shoals:
- Grief support meetings
- Personal counseling for non-hospice patients
- Pastoral services for funerals
- Educational seminars through Hospice of the Shoals Education Department
- End-of-life care information by Hospice of the Shoals Interdisciplinary Team (verbal and/or published)
- “Butterfly Wishes Program” – granting end-of-life requests from patients when possible